In our current times, to run an organization, you will need to keep a database that will give you feedback about the performance of your organization, and will also help you to keep a record for future references. Before the computer age heralded on us, big corporations used to keep their financial, managerial, or administrative records in various books and it needed a huge number of workers to do the entry work, and even more to interpret the data but soon after the computer was introduced, Bill Gates gave corporations and organizations around the world, one of the best tools of our age, the Microsoft Office, a bundle of productivity applications for performing smooth office task. After the introduction of Microsoft Office, almost every major company adapted it to their system.
Nowadays, a basic knowledge of Microsoft Office is often required to even appear in an interview for all kinds of corporations. In the case of multi-national companies, it is a must to have a standard knowledge about Microsoft Office suit. Since the inception of Microsoft Office, they have released many versions of the application bundle, but today we will talk about Microsoft Office 2010, keep reading further.
Something About Microsoft Office 2010
Microsoft Office 2010 is widely regarded as one of the best office suit versions, was released on April 15, 2010. Microsoft Office 2010 is very suitable for industry professionals, students, data entry operators, article writers, etc. It is also very much usable for big corporations. It was preceded by Microsoft Office 2007, but Microsoft Office 2010 is notch above its predecessor in terms of many features that we will discuss further in the article.
It also has a Mac equivalent which is named Microsoft Office 2011 for Mac which was released on October 26, 2010. So, users running computers with Mac OS can also avail Microsoft Office 2010 without any problem. The Mac version package includes PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Microsoft Communicator. It also supports online collaboration tools and Microsoft Web Applications.
Microsoft Office as a whole is a multi-faceted application package made to make life easier for its users. It helps many businesses to organize their business and do their work efficiently. Microsoft Office is comprised of hundreds of tools to serve its users an impeccable experience. Microsoft Office Suite does not have any limitations in regards to the size of an organization using it, it is used at a very huge scale starting right from the small local companies to the big multi-national companies.
The earlier version of Microsoft Office, which is the Microsoft Office 2007 did not have any macOS equivalent which was a huge drawback in terms of reaching a wide base of users but with the introduction of Microsoft Office Suite 2010, we are getting a macOS equivalent which runs just as same as the Windows version and does not lag behind in term of features. It is also compatible with a lot of Windows operating system versions such as Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10. There are many new features added to Microsoft Office 2010 which lacked in its predecessor which we will discuss in the section below.
New features launched in Microsoft Office 2010
A large number of new features have been added to the Microsoft Office Suite 2010. It is obviously a huge upgrade over its predecessor, Microsoft Office 2007. The application has been made in such a way that it has become a lot more user-friendly, in other words, you can now edit and modify your documents with ease. We will be listing the most noticeable added features below:
- In terms of the user interface, the Office button has been replaced and a file menu icon has been placed there.
- A very innovative introduction has been the new picture formatting tools like artistic effects and color saturation in Microsoft Word 2010 and Microsoft Powerpoint 2010 gives users a very good opportunity to make their tedious office work a bit more fun. It will also be very helpful in providing a strong creative input in presentations. All in all, it is a new dynamic in terms of creativity.
- Another amazing feature added to Microsoft Office 2010, is the introduction of the co-authoring ability in Office tools such as Onenote, Powerpoint, Excel, and Word. The special feature is that all the co-authoring can be done in real-time but to have access to this feature you will need to have a Sharepoint workspace account or a Windows Live account.
- This one is for the number-loving folks who believe in data rather than word, the Microsoft Excel 2010 comes with a newly developed Slicers feature for pivot tables which will allow users to filter and slice through data on the go. It is excellent for viewing and comparing various combinations of data with a simple click.
- In addition to the introduction of the Slicers feature in Microsoft Excel 2010, a very interactive feature that has been added is the Sparklines feature. It is a very useful tool for data analysts as just by adding an extra column beside your data you can observe the trends of your data represented by a graph in each cell. This feature is really very useful as you can see the trends of your data without breaking a sweat.
- Often regarded as one of the best features added to the Microsoft Office 2010 bundle, a video editing feature has been added to Microsoft Powerpoint 2010. This feature is a game-changer as it will add a very different dimension to presentations produced in Powerpoint. Users can edit a video, add customized effects, you can even trim the videos and add bookmark points in any portion of the video. Using this feature, you can also record a presentation as a video and save it on your computer as a Windows Media file.
- Surely enough Microsoft Office 2010 suite has vested a lot of the new features on Microsoft Powerpoint 2010. Another amazing feature that has been added to Powerpoint is the ability to broadcast any presentation over the internet, the recipients of the broadcast are not required to install Powerpoint on their computers as they can see the broadcast through a web browser. This will enable business associates around the world to watch your presentation without being physically present to do so.
- A new feature has been added to Microsoft Outlook 2010 as well. It provides you with the ability to group email replies from a single message into a single mail item. The new quick steps feature in Outlook 2010 allows you to manage your emails in a variety of ways and it also helps you to do it more efficiently. You can also customize your actions for certain emails.
- Outlook 2010 also allows importing contacts from various social media platforms such as Facebook, Linkedin, etc. This allows you to do a lot more as you can store much more information by importing more than one social media accounts.
- As previously mentioned in this article, a new file menu icon has been added to the Microsoft Office Suite 2010, this backstage view permeates every application of the Office 2010 Suite. It not only performs basic actions such as printing and saving, but it also comprises options for sharing, versioning, protecting, and removing data.
The aforementioned features are only some of the features added in Microsoft Office 2010, there are tons of new features added to aid its user. Features such as accessibility checker, application virtualization, co-authoring and licensing, and volume activation also packs a backstage feature which has been mentioned before in this same article.
On top of all this Microsoft Office 2010 gives the user a smooth and sleek user interface which makes it a lot easier for its user to view and edit important documents.
Composition of Microsoft Office 2010
The Microsoft Office Suite 2010 is composed of the following applications and software:
- Microsoft Office Word 2010.
- Microsoft Office Powerpoint 2010.
- Microsoft Office Excel 2010.
- Microsoft Outlook 2010.
- Microsoft Office Onenote 2010.
- Microsoft Publisher 2010.
- Microsoft Office Web Apps(Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook)
Minimum System Requirements to run Microsoft Office Suite 2010
You have to keep in mind the minimum system requirements before downloading Microsoft Office Suite 2010, you need to be well aware of these requirements as based on this you will know if you can run Office Suite 2010 on your PC or not:
- Operating System: You can run Microsoft Office 2010 on these operating systems Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10.
- RAM(Random Access Memory): A minimum of 256 MB of RAM is required to run Office Suite 2010.
- Processor: Processors equivalent or higher than Intel Pentium III, 500 Mhz processor.
- Available Hard Disk Space: It is recommended to have 1 GB of free hard disk space for the 32-bit version and 1.5 GB of free hard disk space for the 64-bit version of Microsoft Office Suite 2010.
- Graphics Memory: The minimum graphics memory requirement for Microsoft Office Suite 2010 is 64 MB. In other words, it is required to have a processor with at least 64 MB of graphics memory.
- Screen Resolution: A monitor with a screen resolution of 1024×768 or higher.
How to download the trial version of Microsoft Office Suite 2010?
We have discussed previously in this article the smaller details of Microsoft Office 2010. We learned about what Microsoft Office is and how it has helped individuals and multi-national corporations over the years. But this service comes at a cost, there are various pricing for various versions of the Microsoft Office Suite 2010. But we are here to help you, by telling you how to download the free trial version of Microsoft Office 2010 and we will also provide you with working product keys completely free of cost.
There are a lot of sites online from where you can download the free trial version of Microsoft Office 2010. As it is one of the most popular office application bundles, there is no lack of resources for you to download. It will not cost you a penny to download from those sites that are available on the internet. You can also download it from this link here.
You must keep in mind that this is only the trial version of Microsoft Office 2010 and after a certain period, you will not be able to use any feature of Office 2010 as it will ask for a product key. You will not have to scrounger up through the internet for working product keys we will provide those further down for absolutely free.
We recommend you to use this method of using free product keys to unlock the Microsoft Office Suite 2010, although there are other ways to bypass the activation process, one very famous way is to download the cracked version of Microsoft Office Suite from torrent but this involves risk as the torrent sites are full of malware and irritating pop-ups are also present on those sites clicking on one of which might install an unwanted application on your computer. Below are the product keys to avoid all the aforementioned troubles.
Working Product Keys for Microsoft Office 2010:
The following product keys are working and you can enjoy all the amazing features of Microsoft Office 2010 using these product keys:
We hope these product keys are enough for you to access all you want in Microsoft Office 2010. You will have to enter these after the expiration of your trial version, when you will be prompted to buy the full version there will also be a space allocated to enter a product key, you will have to enter one of these keys to and you will be good to go.
Another thing you have to keep in mind is that these keys are linked with different kinds of packages so after entering you must check if you have fully unlocked Microsoft Office 2010 or not, if you are not satisfied with the version, try another one from the list above.
Microsoft Office 2010 is one of the most popular office software available out there, it has a very popular user base and it truly helps to set up the foundation of many organizations. Knowing operating Microsoft Office might earn you a better position in a job interview. It is used in all types of industries and its ever-useful applications ensure that it will be this way for some while. As for downloading Microsoft Office Suite 2010, we have provided enough details and you would not face any problems while using the products keys, so keep doing your favorite thing with the brilliant Microsoft Office 2010.